Recently, I’ve decided to change some things with the blog. First, the tagline has changed from “The Self-Care Diaries” to “Self-care, Style, and Sass.” I decided to make this change to the blog because I felt like I was too boxed in to be real. I promised in my very first post that this blog would be somewhere that I would honestly share my life completely and authentically. When I just focused on self-care though, I wasn’t able to do that. I wasn’t able to share my passions and my interests and at times, I felt fake. I wasn’t sharing who I was completely and so, I decided to incorporate sass and style into the blog. I am a sassy person– I’m well known by friends for my sassy little comments and I want you all to get to know that side of me outside of just my “real talks” on Instagram. I have always loved fashion and for a long time, I dreamed of going into the fashion industry somehow, whether that was launching my own fashion line or being a fashion journalist. I want to bring that love of fashion and style forward into the blog. So I am very excited to give you my first style post of five items I’m in love with this week:
- The Marled Tie Back Sweater from Loft This sweater is currently on sale for $35 and I am so in love with it. I love everything that involves bowes and I especially love this pretty light pink color. I think the bow and this shade of pink make this sweater have a really feminine sweet vibe to it that makes it the perfect sweater for your Galentine’s Day or a chill night out.
- Satin Wrap Blouse from Anthropologie My favorite pieces are ones that combine comfort with style and this shirt does exactly that. I love wrap tops: I find them so flattering and simple, while being very comfortable and easy to wear. The satin gives this shirt a level of elegance to it that I love and if you can’t tell, pink is my favorite color.
- Eyelet Skirt from Vineyard Vines I love this skirt because it is an amazing transition season skirt and can work for multiple occasions. You can put it with a button down and tights for a winter business casual look, but you can wear it with sandals and a t-shirt and it is a perfect spring/summer casual look. Items like this are the ones worth it, in my opinion, because you get so much use out of them.
- Tier-Sleeve Pullover Sweater in Coziest Yarn from Madewell I am obsessed with the tiered sleeve look right now and am so happy it is in style. I also think burnt orange is a great color for winter and you can bring it out of your closet again for fall, making it another item that has a lot of potential to actually see use.
- Trouvé Reese Crackle Ring Crossbody Bag from Nordstrom I honestly believe ring handles are the best thing to happen to fashion. I got a ring handle bag on sale from Anthropologie that is no longer available and I am so in love with it that I am now looking for other ring handle bags. I love the shimmery metallic look from this one and rose gold is my signature color.